Monday, August 31, 2009

Update on Trevor's benefit & new pics of the girls

First off & most important!! I spoke with Michael Manning Saturday regarding the benefit concert for Trevor. Basically, he is just waiting to hear from the business that offered their place to have the concert at. After that he will start to book the bands with an expectant date of 4-6weeks out. He has also sent Dr. Sanjay Gupta all the information about Trevor's cancer in hopes of him doing a segment on it to raise awareness on Astrocytoma. For those of you who don't know Dr. Sanjay Gupta, he is the chief medical correspondent for the health and medical unit at CNN. Dr. Gupta is also a practicing neurosurgeon and an assistant professor of neurosurgery. He has confirmed with his CNN broadcasting asst. that she does have all of Trevor's information and he will follow-up with CNN on Wednesday of this week.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/gupta.sanjay.html
Mr. Manning is also waiting to hear back from the producers of the Kidd Kraddick morning show that airs out of Dallas. Kidd Kraddick founded Kidd's Kids that helps terminally or chronically ill children. He hopes to do a telephone interview with Trevor's beautiful and strong mom, Melinda, to raise awareness and of Trevor's medical fund. http://www.kiddskids.com/
***so I ask that y'all pray that all of this will come together for Trevor! Mr. Manning is working so hard on this all the way over in Scottsdale,AZ!!***
**If you want to drop a message to Trevor or Melinda or for updates on his status go to
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trevortredaway or his name on my sidebar!! Here is a turtle we rescued from the road. It was huge!

Maegan wanted her picture with it, but was kinda scared.

Makayla so tickled with herself walking.


Already chasing Maegan


Maegan ready for her 1st soccer practice.



Makayla demolished her breakfast burrito!



3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Sending many prayers for Trevor and his family. What awesome plans and I so pray it will all come together and help him so much.

LOVE those pictures of your sweet princess's. Too cute with the walking and now soccer!!!!

Jill LIVING TO DO HIS WILL said...

Praying over Trevor!

The girls ARE gorgeous!

Love that little peanut walking in those too cute shoes!!!!

Can't get over how big she is getting!

Hugs and much love,
Jill

Unknown said...

Bless Your Hearts! This morning is the first time I have seen this post and I am so humbled by your love and generosity for Trevor! He is a precious little boy who means SO much to all of us!

Update: We have lost the first venue in Midland, however I have thanked the owners for their consideration. My focus will center now on The Ranch and The Horseshoe venues there.

There has been no response yet from Kidd. I have been provided with his personal e-mail and I know from having worked as a radio anchor in that market, he is swamped with responsibilities. He has all of Trevor's materials, and I await a response.

Yesterday, I spoke with Dr. Gupta's Personal Assistant at CNN. A decision will be made by next Monday whether or not to profile Trevor on CNN. I welcome all prayers for a positive response from Kidd and Dr. Gupta in the interim! Thank You so much for all you are doing to help me.

Your family is precious and I will add you to my blogroll. Again, I'm very grateful!!:)

Blessings!
Michael