Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Last vacation for the summer...

We love going to the coast for our summer vacations. We didn't make it last summer due to Makayla's adoption. Maegan loved the ocean her first year, but was scared of the waves and would rather stay in the pool. Makayla loved it all. She ate the sand so we couldn't stay at the beach long.

Getting an up close look at the dolphins
Makayla watching the stingrays swim by.




Maegan holding the flounder that was on the boat. She gave it a kiss before she put it back in the water. I totally grossed out! Joel said she did that earlier too. I freaked out he let her do it again! I told him she was gonna catch salmonella (not sure if that's possible) Everyone else on the boat thought it was funny.


Joel & I with my red shoulders! Ouch!


The lighthouse at sunset

We decided to go on a boat ride to see the dolphins. It was H-O-T and we only saw dolphin fins in the far distance. The girls were very bored with it.

Makayla & Daddy waiting for the dolphin boat.

Maegan posing in the swimsuit Heather gave her. Too cute!!

Wayland feeding the seagulls. All I could think of was Finding Nemo and them saying," mine, mine, mine!"

Had to get a picture of them being loving to eachother.

Makayla crawls like this on cold floor and outside. The princess's knees cannot touch!

Makayla learned to stick her tongue out. When you call her name she does this.




I love this picture because you can see her reflection in the sand.

Wayland & Maegan looking at the sea life.

Enjoying her first feel of the sand and ocean

A man at the restaurant made Maegan a mermaid balloon

She ate two slices of watermelon



















3 comments:

Mackinac-opoly said...

How cute! Looks like you had a great time. I love the one of the girls kissing...and I totally would have freaked out about the fish kiss, too! Yuck!!

Hey - I have a question for you about whether you know any good boutique type stores around you there, but I couldn't find your email address. Can you email me please: reapingjoyATyahooDOTcom
Thanks!

Beth

Carylon said...

Great pictures. Looks like ya'll had so much fun. Can't believe how big both the girls are getting.

Mama Bear said...

Those were just absolutely gorgeous pictures. Toooo cute! LOVE them and oooohhhh so sorry about the red shoulders, OUCH!